If you thought you would have to give up your favorite foods when starting the keto diet, think again!
You can still enjoy all your favorite foods but without all the carbs and absolutely no guilt.
My Keto Overnight Pancake Casserole is perfect for a busy morning or anytime you want a special breakfast for your family and friends.
And even though it’s Keto, all of your non-keto family and friends will love it, too.
You can put on top of the casserole gheeOr fresh berries or your favorite keto drink for a delicious breakfast that feels like an indulgence but is actually good for you. But it tastes delicious, too.
How did you make this keto?
Honestly, keto baking can be a little tricky. However, it won’t be impossible once you know which ingredients to use and how to use them.
Almond flour is a staple in keto bread. Almond flour is the most versatile keto flour and can be used to make keto cakes, bread, cookies, pancakes, and more!
Almond flour is simply almonds that have been boiled to remove their husk and ground into a fine powder.
However, be sure to buy almond flour and not almond meal, it is coarser and will not yield the same baking results.
Coconut flour is dried coconut that has been ground into a fine powder. However, it clumps easily. Therefore, you may need to sift the coconut flour before using it.
In addition, coconut is high in fiber, which means that it absorbs a lot of moisture. This is why I used unsweetened almond milk in the recipe.
Coconut flour tends to work best when used with other keto-friendly flours, which is why I used it with almond flour as well.
Erythritol is my favorite keto sweetener. I find it the best substitute for sugar for baking. Even better, it doesn’t taste like other sugar alternatives.
Coconut oil is a great dairy-free alternative to butter in keto bread. However, I suggest you use refined coconut, which has a more neutral flavor and aroma. Unrefined (or extra-virgin) coconut oil can overwhelm your breakfast dish with coconut flavor.
Unsweetened almond milk is a great alternative to non-dairy and soy dairy products. However, it is okay to use unsweetened coconut milk if you do not have almond milk.
Other Keto Breakfast Recipes
If this Keto Overnight Pancake Casserole makes you hungry for more delicious breakfast recipes, you’ve got them covered!
And if you want more sweet and savory breakfast recipes, here are all the Keto breakfast recipes to keep you all morning.
Thin keto pancakes soaked overnight and baked like a casserole. A keto pie version of bread pudding.
To prepare the pancakes:
- 1 cup (120 gramsAlmond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 gramsCoconut flour
- 3 tablespoons (36 grams) erythritol
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 3 Slightly scrambled eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Ghee or extra coconut oil for cooking
To prepare the casserole:
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon (2 gCinnamon powder
- 2 to 4 tablespoons (24 to 48 g) erythritol as desired
- 2 Slightly scrambled eggs
To apply (optional):
- Ghee, fresh berries, or keto drink of your choice
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine pancake ingredients to create a thick but tolerable batter. If necessary, add additional almond milk, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, until mixture is saturated.
- Add a small amount of ghee or coconut oil to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the mixture into the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes, until bubbles begin to form. Carefully flip the pancakes and let them cook for another 2 minutes, until they are fully cooked and golden brown. Set the pancakes aside and repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Cut each pancake in half, arrange in a greased casserole dish, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the ingredients until combined. Pour casserole mixture evenly over pancakes.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove the plastic wrap or aluminum foil from the casserole and dispose of it. Let the casserole sit at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the casserole is golden and cooked through.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and leave for 5 minutes before serving with ghee, fresh berries or keto syrup to taste.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
Net Carbs Per Serving: 4g
- Calories: 313
- sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 9 grams
- the basic: 5 grams
- protein: 14 grams