We all have days when we crave meat dishes and don’t know how to make the most of what’s in the fridge. This is the reason I am here.
This delicious roast pork recipe is very easy and delicious. It will take about 5 minutes to prepare the meat, and another few hours to cook (depending on the device you use) so don’t worry, dinner will be ready on time!
This recipe is inspired by Jamaican cuisine, meaning I use a keto-adapted Jamaican spice blend, which, unlike those found in supermarkets, has no added sugars.
It can be used to season pork, chicken or vegetables, so if it suits your taste, try it with other dishes. Just store your leftover seasoning mix in an airtight container – I’m sure you’ll be able to find additional dishes to use it in.
I’ve included 3 different sets of instructions for this pork roast recipe…so you can make it with your Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, or oven.
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons from paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoons of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- to roast pork
- 4 Pork shoulder pound
- 1/4 cup Jamaican spice mix
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) bone broth
- Rub the pork with the spice mixture well.
- If you are using a slow cooker, add the broth to the saucepan and cook the meat for 8-10 hours until tender.
- If you are using a fast saucepan, add the broth to the saucepan and cook the meat on high pressure by hand for 60 minutes. If the meat isn’t tender enough to cut into, cook it longer.
- If using an oven, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the meat on a baking tray with high sides and pour in the bone broth. Cook for 3-4 hours until done.
- Mince the meat so the seasonings seep into the meat to give it extra flavor and add extra salt to taste.
All nutritional data is estimated based on the amounts of each serving.
- Calories: 294
- sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- the basic: 1 gram
- protein: 27 grams