One of my favorite things to cook from ground pork is tasty, large, meaty sausage that I can serve as breakfast or dinner, depending on my mood and dietary needs. For this homemade sausage recipe, I used garlic powder, paprika, and salt to season the meat, but if you want to give the meat a more special taste, you can add rosemary, basil, and parsley and replace the regular paprika with smoked paprika.
If you’re tempted to do this recipe for ground pork for dinner, you can serve it alongside this keto cheese-roasted cauliflower recipe that’s surprisingly good and dairy-free, or you can keep it light and simple alongside one of these 38 Hearty Salad recipes. Salad.
If you’re the kind of person who loves breakfast sausage and feel like something’s missing, you can accompany it with your favorite dipping sauce…I’m a fan of Keto BBQ sauces, but don’t take my word for it and find your first choice.
- 1 pound ground pork (preferably pasture) (or other meat if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Cooking fat (lard, bacon fat, avocado oil, or coconut oil are great keto fats to cook with)
- In a small bowl, combine ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. From this meat mixture, form 8 small flat patties using your hands.
- Add cooking oil to the skillet and heat it to medium heat before adding the minced pork patties to it.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes on the first side, until they turn slightly brown and flip them over to the other side.
- Let them cook on the second side for 7-8 minutes until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 F.
- serving size: Two pieces per meal
- Calories: 202
- sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- the basic: 1 gram
- protein: 24 grams